A History of Bethel A.M.E. Church
Coming from the west side to the east side of the Willamette river.
Three owned churches and Four owned parsonages
Written and Researched by Gloria M. Campbell-Cash, 124th Anniversary Committee Member, Bethel A. M. E. Church, Portland, Oregon
With Special Thanks to:
- Pastor, Arthur B. Carter, Jr.
- Charlotte Rutherford a past member of Bethel Portland, for organizing, editing and typing.
- S.H. Watkins, Sr. for narrating and producing this DVD.
- The Verdell Burdine and Otto G Rutherford Family-Library, Special Collections Division, Portland State University – Past members of Bethel A. M. E. Church Portland, Oregon
- Bethel A. M. E. Church, Portland, Oregon – Archives
- City of Portland Archives and Records Center – Pictures Mary Hanson and Brian Johnson
- Oregon Historical Society – Library, Micro Film, and Pictures
- Multnomah County Library – City Directories, Maps, and Rare Books
- Cornerstones of Community: Buildings of Portland’s African American History – Bosco-Milligan Foundation
- Kimberly Moreland – Images of America – African Americans of Portland
- Kimberly Moreland -The History of Portland’s African American Community (1885 to the Present)
- Elizabeth McLagan – Peculiar Paradise
- Jane Comer Ford – A History of Northwest Portland from the River to the Hills
- Linda Dodds and Carolyn Buan – Portland Then and Now
- Historical Oregonian Newspaper Archive
- United States Library of Congress Prints and Photographs division
Produced September 2013